Our pieces go through stringent production checks and tests to ensure they meet our quality control.
With natural plant dyes there will always be some fading which is to be expected.
Natural Indigo Dye will fade as it does begin very dark and this is normal, again only wash when necessary or consider only spot cleaning.
It is also normal for there to be some inconsistencies in the hand block print or hand embroidery! This just shows it has all been made completely by hand, and we believe this adds to its unique quality and story. xo
GARMENT CARE & LONGEVITY
We design every piece with the intention that they will become special heirloom pieces you can pass on to another. We have longevity in mind when creating all of our pieces, and want you to be able to wear your items every day, every season, every year! They are created to be lived in and loved, not saved for best. Seasonless, timeless and effortless is what we are all about!
As our pieces are naturally dyed or hand stitched there are steps you can take to ensure a longer life for your garments....
* Always hand wash your garment inside out in Cold Water, preferably with an eco detergent. Gently wring out and either dry flat, or dry on a hanger outside blowing in a gentle breeze. Dappled sunlight and fresh air are their best friends!
* Only wash your garments when you feel they absolutely need it! As our pieces are hand blockprinted with natural dyes, or hand embroidered, they need gentle care and minimal washing.
We find that washing your garments in a washing machine will only age and fade them faster, and should not be done.
* We like to avoid a hot iron on hand made pieces, instead either steam, hang in the breeze, or use only a warm iron with your garment inside out.
* We find that sometimes after a wash linen/linen blend or pure cotton pieces can constrict and crease up. This is due to the natural fibres. After a light steam or cool iron the fibres will loosen and drop back into their natural shape... this is completely normal with all pure natural fibres, and does not mean the garment has shrunk!
*If your garment turns out not for you one day, consider re-gifting to a friend, selling online or donating to a charity shop to avoid it ending up in landfill.
Steps you can take from receiving your purchase.
- Upon receiving your order first try it on with the bra you would usually wear to ensure it fits you well.
- Once you have decided this beauty is for you, give it a gentle cold hand wash inside out in cold water only, using a light natural detergent. It is completely normal for a little dye to come out in this initial gentle wash.
- Gently wring out and hang on a hanger either in dappled sunlight, or out on a balcony or clothesline to let the breeze air dry it. No direct sunlight as this will fade natural dyes!
- Once dried, your piece will be a little creased and will need to be either steamed with a garment steamer, or ironed inside out with a cool to warm iron. This will help the fibres to drop back into place.
- Wear your treasure with happiness - you are beautiful and one-of-a-kind. xoxo