Our pieces go through stringent production checks and tests to ensure they meet our quality control.
With natural plant dyes there will always be some fading which is to be expected.
Natural Indigo Dye will fade as it does begin very dark and this is normal, again only wash when necessary or consider only spot cleaning.
It is also normal for there to be some inconsistencies in the hand block print or hand embroidery! This just shows it has all been made completely by hand, and we believe this adds to its unique quality and story. xo
GARMENT CARE & LONGEVITY
We design every piece with the intention that they will become special heirloom pieces you can pass on to another. We have longevity in mind when creating all of our pieces, and want you to be able to wear your items every day, every season, every year! They are created to be lived in and loved, not saved for best. Seasonless, timeless and effortless is what we are all about!
As our pieces are naturally dyed or hand stitched there are steps you can take to ensure a longer life for your garments....
* Always hand wash your garment inside out in Cold Water, preferably with an eco detergent. Gently wring out and either dry flat, or dry on a hanger outside blowing in a gentle breeze. Dappled sunlight and fresh air are their best friends!
* Only wash your garments when you feel they absolutely need it! As our pieces are hand blockprinted with natural dyes, or hand embroidered, they need gentle care and minimal washing.
We find that washing your garments in a washing machine will only age and fade them faster, and should not be done.
* We like to avoid a hot iron on hand made pieces, instead either steam, hang in the breeze, or use only a warm iron with your garment inside out.
* We find that sometimes after a wash linen/linen blend or pure linen pieces can constrict and crease up. This is due to the natural fibres. After a light steam or cool iron the fibres will loosen and drop back into their natural shape... this is completely normal with all pure natural fibres, and does not mean the garment has shrunk!
*If your garment turns out not for you one day, consider re-gifting to a friend, selling online or donating to a charity shop to avoid it ending up in landfill.
- Our cross stitch embroidery is woven with many layers. If loose therads appear simply get sharp scissors and snip of thread as close to the base as possible. This is completely normal and why extra depth of weave is created.
- if you get a loop pull in your hilltribe hand embroidered piece, you can turn inside out and gently coax the thread back and flatten using a safety pin.
- Spot cleaning garments rather than a full wash is a good way to ensure more life in your garment. For example spot cleaning armpits ans small stains rather than a full wash.
- It is completely normal for a blockprint garment to release some dye in a hand wash.
- Never wash pieces together, always wash your garments by hand separately.
- Most importantly wear with confidence - you are special, beautiful and one-of-a-kind. No negative self talk allowed! xoxox